Are We Connected: Diary pages #1: Prerna Verma


Ever thought about getting published and seeing your name on the cover jacket of a book?
What it takes to be a ‘Published Author’?
Money? Story? Contacts? Or Keeda?
I agree with the keeda thing. If you have it, you will write your book at any cost.
Today we have our first writer in the series “Are We Connected: Diary pages”. She always had this keeda of writing, and now the keeda has grown into shape of a book, her first fiction novel.
Prerna Verma, born in Ludhiana,Punjab and currently staying at New Delhi, an Amity graduate,  and a known name among readers of magazines like Digital Krafts, Housecalls, India & You and Tehelka. She has written 500+ articles, and now she is ready with her first fiction ‘The Dumb and the Dumbfounded’, which is already out of stock in preorder!
You can contact her via facebook, Also don’t forget to like the official fanpage of ‘The Dumband Dumbfounded’. To preorder the book, you can visit HomeShop18, Infibeam, uRead, IndiaPlaza or flipkart.

So here we have pages of Prerna’s diary. Let’s see how many of us can connect to Prerna’s thoughts, does that answers the question I am seeking? Are We Connected?

**** 
January 28th, 2012       
Time- 7:30 am

Dear Diary,
Is it weird that I have two personalities?
There is a part of me that loves being on stage.
I get an adrenaline rush when the 3rd minute bell rings and I am supposed to wrap up my speech in another minute.
I feel alive when I shout my number during an extempore and speak relentlessly about some random topic.
I am actor.
But at times, I just observe myself- watch myself thinking about different ideas, imagine weird stories and wonder what it would be if I was the one writing and chunking out sentences in the speeches that I gave during declamations and debates.
There is a part of me, extrovert and exuberant. But there is another me- an introvert who day dreams, who thinks about the world, politics, issues that bother humanity.
But I never let that come on the stage. I never allow others to see it.
Not until now!
Abhinav and I have decided to write a book!
Actually, he started with the idea when a publisher asked him for a more ‘commercial’ book.
He wrote two chapters and lost them twice!
So, I had to chip in J
No, No! There is no enlightenment.
It isn’t sudden that I have decided to write. The idea has already been itching my brain for a while, just that the fact that we probably have publishers in hand inspired me to start working right away.
I have grabbed the opportunity. We are supposed to submit the manuscript by the end of February.
The story is funny! At least I think so.

****
August 30th, 2012                                                                                                                  
Time- 4:15 am

Dear Diary,
My life is a haywire. So, many things are going wrong!
And we have dropped our initial publisher.
The truth we don’t want that when my book comes it is known by ‘so and so person’, so and so relative’ has written a book. I want that irrespective of its success or failure, it must be known as the book written by Abhinav Shrivastava and Prerna Varma!
But the path isn’t easy.
We don’t really have any recommendations to get any support from a bigger publishing unit. We aren’t interested in paying money to the publishers or buying back book’s copies.
At a certain point, I am glad that we chose the downtrodden way. At least, we are learning facts about writing and publishing.
But there is a part of me that wonders- What if our first book is not good? What if people mock us for our stupidity? What if we don’t get a chance ever?
Then I start writing, scribbling or just imagining.
It manages to tranquilize me, prompts me to forget the whole world.
All I want to be a story teller, a writer, a thinker!
Sounds philosophical! Isn’t it? That’s the problem of studying philosophy with psychology. You start thinking too much.
Anyway, I would be waiting for the day when people would start asking me, ‘Where can I get your book?’
But before that I would start writing another story.
Meanwhile I have realized that writing is easier than finding a publisher!
And that you just have to be brave.
And that you have to learn from your mistakes.
And just because a formula succeeds doesn’t mean that you stop growing and try that same ‘mantra’ over and over again.
Now, bye!

****


Posted  with permission from Author.
Protected under CCA 3.0 and Global IP rights. 

AnSh :)

Comments

  1. It's not my first time to go to see this web site, i am visiting this website dailly and get fastidious information from here daily.

    My web page ... kredyt chwilówki (http://chwilowki365.evenweb.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, because
    if like to read it afterward my links will too.

    my website :: recherche travail à domicile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frustration about terms could potentially cause some to
    be able to avoid payday advances, but it is possible
    to use payday advances for your gift Not fake local
    car dealers local car dealers to finish the application form
    you do not should make a serious effort.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

तेरे जाने का हुआ मुझ पर ऐसा असर,

Are We Connected: Diary pages #4: Harshita Shrivastava

Book Review: A Maverick Heart: Between Love And Life (Ravindra Shukla)